Before we get started with Mobile app development and how to get started with it, we should learn its importance first. The world is going through a lot of phases. Everyday new technologies are coming into the market and the tech market is booming like crazy. Many startups are being established and the whole phase is regarded as the technological phase.
The one thing that is common in all the technological phases and in all the industries is that, the demand for mobile app development has surprisingly increased over a few decades. Nowadays every startup or every business wants to take their business online, and the best way is to make a mobile app that can be used by millions of customers online.
If we talk about numbers then, over 3.5 billion people are using smartphones in the whole world.
Let us dig deep in the statistics :
- Most people spend over half of their time on smartphones or more specifically on digital apps.
- The percentage of smartphone users spending on apps is about 90%.
- From a customer point of view, almost 80% of the users prefer native mobile apps rather than cross websites.
- The revenue generated by mobile apps alone is on course to hit the $700 billion in 2021.
- A smartphone is flooded with mobile apps. An average user has almost 30 apps installed on their mobile and spends over 35 hours every month on mobile apps.
So you see, how mobile apps are changing the market and how the need for mobile app development is increasing day by day. These above statistics are motivating and encouraging other people to create mobile apps and be a part of this system. But what exactly is mobile app development, let us discuss in detail.
What is Mobile App Development ?
It is a process that is used to build mobile applications/ Apps. It is the process of creating a software that can be installed on your device ( here it is a mobile phone ) and also enabling backend services to access data through the application programming interface i.e. APIs.
If you were to build a fully functionable mobile app, then are certain things to keep in mind :
- Screen size.
- Hardware requirement.
- Operating system.
- Software compatibility, etc.
This was about what is meant by mobile app development.
Now, if you have learned what app development is, we should now discuss the platforms for mobile app development.
Platforms for Mobile App Development :
There are some platforms for mobile app development, but the most important and the popular ones are :
If we talk about the similarities between the two different operating softwares, then there are many, but the key difference between the two is that they both use completely different software development kits (SDKs). The company Apple uses IOS for their devices and Google uses android for itself as well as for many other companies.
Mobile app Development Alternatives :
There are 4 alternatives for mobile app development :
- You can create native applications for mobile phones.
- You can create cross platform applications for mobile phones.
- You can create hybrid mobile applications for mobile phones.
- You can also create progressive web applications for mobile phones.
There are many reasons to choose each one of them, let us discuss each.
Why to choose Native Development for Apps ?
You choose the option of native application development when you want to use the native abilities that are offered by the mobile app development programme. These native apps have all the access to capabilities of your hardware devices like camera, microphone, GPS,that helps the native apps to execute functions quickly to make user experience much better and efficient.
In this system, it is easier to implement push notification functions. So, that is why some companies prefer native application development.
Why to choose Cross Platform development for Apps :
Cross – Platform app development is considered one of the best platforms as you actually don’t know that your user is an Android user or an IOS user, so the whole market is divided in 50 – 50 percent. If you were to publish your app in both the operating systems then either you have to make two types of apps, one supporting its type of OS. But it would be expensive and more time consuming.
With cross platform application development you can :
- Align the user experience across all the platforms available.
- Save money by hiring only one developing team who can do publishing for both the platforms.
- Save your time, energy and money by not building and maintaining two apps simultaneously
Why to choose Progressive Web for App Development ?
These types of applications are only accessible by the browser of your device. It is comparatively much easier for your user to have an uninterrupted experience and will experience best connectivity. You can also solve the issues through the browser itself without using or requiring any native device capabilities like camera, GPS, etc.
Procedure For Mobile App Development :
If you want to build your own app, then these are the steps you can use to create mobile apps quickly :
- First, understand the user’s requirements.
- Then, using one of the above platforms, develop an application.
- Perform a product testing drive. Allow some users to test your app and ask for their reviews. Fix the issues, if there are any.
- Publish your Mobile Application on Play Store and App store.
In application development, you need to learn a computer language first, like java, kotlin, etc, and then after you can take your next step in the Mobile App Development process.
Now there are many things to do when you are developing an app like :
- Building an app development strategy.
- Brainstorming about the idea of the app.
- Do the required market research, like target audience, user interface, alternatives to use, etc.
- Make a min. Viable product.
- Make a complete structure of the app.
- Build its UI & UX design.
- And, finally do the marketing.
So, these were some of the steps for Mobile App Development.
Now that you have reached this far, I assume that you liked the blog and you have got some value from it. To continue embracing yourself with similar knowledge, just click on the link below: